Capital Gains Tax Valuations

Capital Gains Tax is a tax charged when you sell your property or asset and it has increased in value since the time of its acquisition. Due to Private Residence Relief, you usually will not be required to pay the tax on your own home. However, if you own more than one home or you use your home for business purposes, you may be required to pay Capital Gains Tax and a valuation will therefore be required.

Capital Gains Tax also applies where you intend to transfer the ownership of a share of a property or the entirety of it, then the value has to be assessed in order to pay the correct amount of Stamp Duty to the Local Authority. There are some exemptions to the tax in cases where you buy another property or assets for business use.

Here at Paul Fox, we have experienced Surveyors able to provide you with the necessary written valuation report required by the Inland Revenue.

Click here to view all of our chartered property survey services

Request a Survey

How can we help you?



We pride ourselves on providing the highest levels of customer service for our clients. From start to finish, our team work tirelessly to make the process of moving, selling or letting easy.